Most of the jams on the shelves are flooded with added sugars; many of the market jams are healthy but still full of sugar, so we’ve come up with a healthy alternative that’s equally as tasty!
You’re getting good fibre and not spiking your blood-sugar through the roof with this vegan-friendly jam, and it is so so simple to make and that’s why we enjoy using it for a lot of our other recipes.
Vegan-Friendly Chia Jam
- 200 g Blackberries or berries of choice
- 4 tbsp Organic chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp Liquid stevia (or can have without – we prefer without)
- Switch the hob on to a low heat and begin separately rinsing fruit thoroughly through a strainer
- Using a bowl, crush the berries with a fork then place into a pan to then place over the hob
- Continue breaking down the fruit with the fork for 5 mins, remove, then stir in chia seeds
- Leave to soak for 10 mins before leaving to set in the fridge
- Should last up to 5 days, keeping it in an air-tight pot can help it last longer
Why not try this jam with our ‘Low-Carb Doughnuts’ recipe!
Make your own and let us know how you get on by commenting on your experiences in the comments sections below….