This ‘lite’ take on a chocolate tart is going to tempt you to reach for an extra slice, but thankfully it is rich and filling enough to fill you up after just one slice.
Taking not much time to prep, due to minimal ingredients, it actually doesn’t take long at all to prepare, around ten minutes or so-.
The hardest part is waiting to serve and tuck into this tart.
- Cake tin (removable bottom for ease)
- 2 mixing bowls
- Two medium pots
- Chopping board
- Knife (for chocolate)
- 80 g Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Raw cacao
- 3 tbsp Xylitol
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 100 ml Extra thick cream
- 50 g 99% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170'C and butter the cake tin. We used a 6 inch tin with removable bottom.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, 2 tbsp of xylitol and cacao before adding the melted butter and mix well.
- Pat the base mix into the cake tin making sure it is even. Prick the base slightly with a fork (or other pointy utensil) so the heat can reach the core of the mix. Pop in the oven for 20-mins.
- When done, you should be left with a hard biscuit base. Leave to cool for at least 30 mins.
- PART 2 –
- Warm 2 separate pots on a low heat, one with water, one without.
- Place a small bowl on top of the pot with water and begin to heat the chocolate (chopped finely), regularly folding it with the spatula.
- In the other pot, slowly heat the extra thick cream and stir in the sweetener.
- When the ingredients are the same temperature and fluid (should take roughly 10 mins, careful not to burn); you can combine without separation. Mix the 2 ingredients by folding for 5 or so mins.
- Pour the mix into the cake tin and leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
Add the strawberries for extra sweetness to complement the deep richness of the dark chocolate and also for some colour-balance too!
This is one of our favourite recipes and no-doubt if you try it, it should become one of yours and if you’re looking for foods with limited ingredients this will definitely be a delight.
Show us your versions and don’t forget to comment below!